Home & Rental Assistance
About the Program
The purpose of the Single Family HOME Program is to expand the supply of decent, safe, affordable housing to eligible low-income households. Single Family HOME assistance to eligible applicants includes four program options: Tenant-Based Rental Assistance (TBRA), Homeowner Rehabilitation Assistance (HRA), Homebuyer Assistance (HBA) and Contract for Deed Conversion Assistance. Within each of the Programs listed, CCSCT is qualified to provide assistance with set aside funding for Disaster Relief and Persons with Disabilities.
***Note: Participation in the Reservation System is not a guarantee of funding availability. At times there is a high volume of reservation submissions and it is possible that the system could accept requests in excess of available funds. TDHCA reviews requests accepted by the Reservation System in the order they are received and Administrators will be notified if an activity cannot be processed due to insufficient funds or other programmatic issues.
Tenant-Based Rental Assistance
TBRA provides the following services to eligible individuals in local communities:
- Security and Utility Deposits; and
- Rental Subsidies for up to 24 months while the household engages in a self-sufficiency program. If available, additional funds may be set-aside to provide assistance beyond 24 months for individuals certain program requirements.
Homeowner Rehabilitation Assistance
HRA provides the following services to individuals in their local communities:
- Rehabilitation or reconstruction of owner-occupied housing on the same site;
- New Construction of site-built housing on the same site to replace an existing owner occupied Manufactured Housing Unit (MHU);
- Replacement and relocation of existing housing located in a floodplain to a new MHU or New Construction of housing on an alternative site;
- New Construction or a new MHU to replace a housing unit that has become uninhabitable as a result of disaster or condemnation by local government; and
- If allowable under the Notice of Funding Availability (NOFA), refinance of existing mortgages meeting federal requirements.
HBA provides the following services to eligible individuals in local communities:
- Down payment and closing cost assistance for homebuyers; and
- Rehabilitation for accessibility modifications of single family housing units as necessary.
Contract for Deed Conversion
Contract for Deed Conversion funds assist colonia residents with converting contracts for deed into warranty deeds to attain ownership and property rights. Contract for Deed Conversion may occur with one of the following additional activities:
- Reconstruction or New Construction of site-built housing;
- Replacement of an existing Manufactured Housing Unit (MHU) with a new MHU; and
- Rehabilitation of colonia housing.
Persons with Disabilities
Additional HOME Program funds are set-aside for Persons with Disabilities and can be used for the TBRA, HBA, and HRA activities.
Additional HOME Program funds are set-aside to assist with home repair, rehabilitation, reconstruction, homebuyer assistance and tenant-based rental assistance of homes affected by a disaster. Assisted homeowners must have earnings at or below 80% of the Area Median Family Income (AMFI), as defined by HUD, must occupy the property as their principal residence and must have been directly affected by a disaster
The counties serviced by the Singe Family HOME Program include: Atascosa, Bandera, Comal, Edwards, Frio, Gillespie, Guadalupe, Karnes, Kendall, Kerr, Kinney, Live Oak, McMullen, Medina, Real, Uvalde, Val Verde, Wilson, and Zavala.
This program is funded (in whole or in part) by the Texas Department of Housing and Community Affairs (TDHCA).
Contact Housing Assistance Program
Address: 1318 Hwy 97 E, Pleasanton, Texas 78064