Utility Assistance – Apply For Services

Income Eligibility Guidelines

To view the income eligibility guidelines for the Comprehensive Energy Assistance Program, click here.

To qualify for assistance, your household’s yearly income must be below or at 150% of federal poverty guidelines. Note: We count gross income for the last 30 days: SS, SSDI, SSDC, unemployment benefits, TANF, VA, pensions, proof of self-employment.

Apply for Services

Step 1: If you are interested in applying for utility assistance, you must complete an application and include the following documents. All documentation is required to complete an application. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.

  • Completed Application
    • Electronic Application: Electronic Utility Assistance Application; you must upload all required documents in order for your application to be processed; please also include a current working telephone number for us to contact you at
    • Printable Application: Printable Utility Assistance Application; once printed this form must be completely filled out, signed by the applicant and be accompanied by all required documents in order for your application to be processed.
    • Note: Date the application for the date of your appointment or leave the date blank if you have not yet scheduled an appointment.
  • Proof of Citizenship for ALL household members. NO EXCEPTIONS!
    • Age 16 or older must provide the following:
      • One of these: Valid Passport, US American Indian or Alaska Native tribal enrollment card with photo, Certificate of Naturalization, Certificate of US Citizenship OR
      • Two of these: Valid photo identification card or driver’ license and birth certificate, certificate of degree of Indian blood issued by tribe, US Citizen card, American ID card, final adoption decree showing US as place of birth, Texas voter ID card, permanent resident card, non-immigrant cards, refugee/asylee car
    • For Children Under the Age of 16:
      • Photo ID, clinic, doctor, hospital or school record or proof of qualified alien status, permanent resident card, non-immigrant cards, refugee/asylee card.
  • Social security cards or numbers for all household member
  • Proof of income for the past 30 days for anyone 18 and older.
    • Copies of employment check stubs for the past 30 days.
    • Award letters are required for anyone receiving Social Security, SSI, SSDI, RSDI, Retirement, Veterans benefits, etc. These award letters must be the current year’s award letter and must be dated 2019. Prior year award letters will not be accepted.
    • Self-employed must bring proof of income for the past 30 days (includes invoices, receipts, etc.)
    • If you have no income or are self-employed, a Declaration of Income Statement must be filled out and signed. Fillable Declaration of Income Statement
    • Please note: copies of bank statements, copies of checks, food stamp letters, etc. will be NOT be acceptable proof of income.
  • Proof of child support for the past 30 days
  • Current utility bill you need assistance with
  • 12 month billing history from the utility company. (If you home uses natural gas or propane)
  • SNAP benefits award letter if applicable
  • NOTE: You must upload all required documents in order for your application to be processed

Step 2: Once the application has been completed and all appropriate documentation has been obtained, please contact your local Community Services office to schedule an appointment. If you cannot keep your appointment, please call the office to reschedule. Failure to arrive on time or failure to bring ALL required documents will result in the appointment being rescheduled.

Community Services Office Locations

County Address Phone Number Contact
Atascosa County 1220 Simmons Ave,  Jourdanton, Tx. 78026 830-767-2019
Bandera County 505 Main Street, Bandera, Tx. 78003 830-584-2100
Comal County 111 W. San Antonio, New Braunfels, Tx. 78130 830-625-6268
Fax: 830-625-8818
Dimmit County 307 W. Nopal, Carrizo Springs, Tx. 78834 830-876-1212
Edwards County 201 N. Hwy 377, Rocksprings, Tx. 78880 830-278-3699
Fax: 830-261-5478
Frio County 650 E San Antonio St. Ste. 4, Pearsall, Tx 78061 830-334-4800
Fax: 830-334-4908
Gillespie County 604 S. Eagle, Fredericksburg, Tx. 78624 830-896-2124
Fax: 830-896-2194
Guadalupe County 1201 W. Court Street, Seguin, Tx. 78155 830-379-3022
Fax: 379-9779
Karnes County 485 N. Sunset Strip Ste. 102, Kenedy, Tx. 78118 830-583-9731
Fax: 830-583-9985
Kendall County 118 W. Advogt St., Boerne, Tx. 78006 830-896-2124
Fax: 830-896-2194
Kerr County 1216 Sidney Baker South, Suite C, Kerrville, Tx. 78028 830-896-2124
Fax: 830-896-2194
Kinney County 201 E. Spring St., Brackettville, Tx. 78832 830-422-2196
Fax: 830-422-2197
LaSalle County 707 Buckley, Cotulla, Tx. 78014 830-876-1212
Fax: n/a
Live Oak County 301 E. Houston, Room 4, Georgewest, Tx. 78022 830-767-2019
Fax: 830-767-2021
Maverick County 2989 Sanchez Ave, Eagle Pass, Tx. 78852 830-776-5637
Fax: 830-776-5639
McMullen County 501 River St, Tilden, Tx. 78072 830-767-2019
Fax: 830-767-2021
Medina County 1205 17th St., Hondo, Tx. 78861 830-584-2100
Fax: 830-584-2089
Real County 547 US 83 South, Ste C, Leakey, Tx. 78873 830-278-3699
Fax: 830-261-5478
Uvalde County 400 S. Getty, Ste A, Uvalde Tx. 78801 830-278-3699
Fax: 830-261-5478
Val Verde County 1690 Cienegas Rd, Del Rio, Tx. 78840 830-422-2196
Fax: 830-422-2197
Wilson County 4814 US Hwy 181 N, Floresville, Tx. 78114 830-393-1072
Fax: 830-393-1071
Zavala County 217 N. 1st Ave, Crystal City, Tx. 78839 830-854-2110
Fax: 830-854-2111