Utility Assistance – Apply For Services
Income Eligibility Guidelines
To view the income eligibility guidelines for the Comprehensive Energy Assistance Program, click HERE .
To qualify for assistance, your household’s yearly income must be below or at 150% of federal poverty guidelines. Note: We count gross income for the last 30 days: SS, SSDI, SSDC, unemployment benefits, TANF, VA, pensions, proof of self-employment.
Apply for Services
Step 1: If you are interested in applying for utility assistance, you must complete an application and include the following documents. All documentation is required to complete an application. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
- Completed Application
- Electronic Application; you must upload all required documents in order for your application to be processed; please also include a current working telephone number for us to contact you at. Online application link is below.
- Printable Application: Once printed this form must be completely filled out, signed by the applicant and be accompanied by all required documents in order for your application to be processed.
- Note: Date the application for the date of your appointment or leave the date blank if you have not yet scheduled an appointment.
- Proof of Citizenship for ALL household members.
- Age 16 or older must provide the following:
- One of these: Valid Passport, US American Indian or Alaska Native tribal enrollment card with photo, Certificate of Naturalization, Certificate of US Citizenship OR
- Two of these: Valid photo identification card or driver’ license and birth certificate, certificate of degree of Indian blood issued by tribe, US Citizen card, American ID card, final adoption decree showing US as place of birth, permanent resident card, non-immigrant cards, refugee/asylee card.
- Age 16 or older must provide the following:
- DOCUMENTATION CHANGE (April 7, 2020)
The Texas Department of Housing and Community Affairs has issued the following modification to the Household Status and Identification documentation requirement for CEAP Utility Assistance Application:
COVID-19 Waiver; Printable CEAP-Citizenship-SelfCertForm Waiver for Unobtainable Citizenship Record (Birth Record)
I. Only available to those born in the US who cannot obtain their birth record due to offices being closed down from COVID-19.
- Anyone who has a Birth Record, MUST provide it.
- Individuals still must provide identification documents.
II. Household may receive up to 4 months assistance for the time-frame of this waiver, which is April 7, 2020 through August 7, 2020.
- For Children Under the Age of 16:
- Photo ID, clinic, doctor, hospital or school record or proof of qualified alien status, permanent resident card, non-immigrant cards, refugee/asylee card.
- Social security cards or numbers for all household member
- Proof of income for the past 30 days for anyone 18 and older.
- Copies of employment check stubs for the past 30 days.
- Award letters are required for anyone receiving Social Security, SSI, SSDI, RSDI, Retirement, Veterans benefits, etc. These award letters must be the current year’s award letter and must be dated 2019. Prior year award letters will not be accepted.
- Self-employed must bring proof of income for the past 30 days (includes invoices, receipts, etc.)
- If you have no income or are self-employed, a Declaration of Income Statement must be filled out and signed. Fillable Declaration of Income Statement
- Please note: copies of bank statements, copies of checks, food stamp letters, etc. will be NOT be acceptable proof of income.
- Proof of child support for the past 30 days
- Current utility bill you need assistance with
- 12 month billing history from the utility company. (If you home uses natural gas or propane)
- SNAP benefits award letter if applicable
- NOTE: You must upload all required documents in order for your application to be processed
NOTE: You can also apply for utility assistance online here, however, IT IS MANDATORY THAT ALL REQUIRED DOCUMENTS BE UPLOADED IN ORDER FOR YOUR APPLICATION TO BE PROCESSED! IF DOCUMENTS ARE NOT UPLOADED, YOUR APPLICATION WILL NOT BE PROCESSED!
Step 2: Once the application has been completed and all appropriate documentation has been obtained, please contact your local Community Services office to schedule an appointment. If you cannot keep your appointment, please call the office to reschedule. Failure to arrive on time or failure to bring ALL required documents will result in the appointment being rescheduled.
Community Services Office Locations
|Atascosa County||1220 Simmons Ave, Jourdanton, Tx. 78026||830-767-2019
|Bandera County||505 Main Street, Bandera, Tx. 78003||830-584-2100
|Comal County||111 W. San Antonio, New Braunfels, Tx. 78130||830-625-6268
|Dimmit County||307 W. Nopal, Carrizo Springs, Tx. 78834||830-876-1212
|Edwards County||201 N. Hwy 377, Rocksprings, Tx. 78880||830-278-3699
|Frio County||650 E San Antonio St. Ste. 4, Pearsall, Tx 78061||830-334-4800
|Gillespie County||604 S. Eagle, Fredericksburg, Tx. 78624||830-896-2124
|Guadalupe County||1201 W. Court Street, Seguin, Tx. 78155||830-379-3022
|Karnes County||485 N. Sunset Strip Ste. 102, Kenedy, Tx. 78118||830-583-9731
|Kendall County||118 W. Advogt St., Boerne, Tx. 78006||830-625-6268
|Kerr County||1216 Sidney Baker South, Suite C, Kerrville, Tx. 78028||830-896-2124
|Kinney County||201 E. Spring St., Brackettville, Tx. 78832||830-422-2196
|LaSalle County||707 Buckley, Cotulla, Tx. 78014||830-876-1212
|Live Oak County||107 West Tips, Three Rivers, Tx. 78071
PO BOX#1073, Three Rivers, TX 78071
|Maverick County||2989 Sanchez Ave, Eagle Pass, Tx. 78852||830-776-5637
|McMullen County||200 Water St., Tilden, Tx. 78072||830-767-2019
|Medina County||1205 17th St., Hondo, Tx. 78861||830-584-2100
|Real County||547 US 83 South, Ste C, Leakey, Tx. 78873||830-278-3699
|Uvalde County||400 S. Getty, Ste A, Uvalde Tx. 78801||830-278-3699
|Val Verde County||1002 E Gibbs, Space A, Del Rio, Tx. 78840||830-422-2196
|Wilson County||4814 US Hwy 181 N, Floresville, Tx. 78114||830-393-1072
|Zavala County||217 N. 1st Ave, Crystal City, Tx. 78839||830-854-2110